Monday, February 2, 2009

Welcome to the world of Alpha domination

I've spent the past two and a half decades turning around companies by using a revenue-generation model that I discovered only after fighting past all the silly things I learned in college.  It has been an uphill battle trying to convince MBAs and CEOs that the world works a lot differently than they were told and read about in the business press.

I thought that having created growth of as much as 300% for companies that had not been able to grow in more than a decade would convince them.  I thought that the research findings alone would have convinced them.  I even believed that the basic logic of what I discovered would convince them, because it makes so much sense when viewed through the filter of how customers actually make decisions rather than how we have been taught to create business success.  But the weight of all that "learning" that kept them following a model that has not worked and cannot work was too much for most.

Then I discovered something really profound:  its much easier for smaller companies to become Alphas than for large companies who have become embroiled in their internal processes and who cater to the opinions of a business press sold out to a wrong model.  

I am about to launch a new coaching model for small to medium-sized businesses to become Alpha companies, knocking over their much larger competitors.  

In this blog, I plan to chronicle much of what I observe and learn, as I work to build a group of businesses across the country who are working to become Alphas, whether on a local level or a national level.  My hope is that you will help me by sharing your own experiences in using Alpha principles.

If you are not already familiar with The Alpha Factor and the Alpha model, you can learn about it at www.thealphafactor.com or www.ballgroup.com.  I look forward to a dynamic conversation here.

No comments:

Post a Comment